Crazy Philips Website
Victor Roberts
2013-08-15 17:50:57 UTC
I don't know if anyone is here anymore, but if so, take a look at this
web page.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/led-light-bulbs/led-10.5w-60w-medium-base-e26-bright-white-dimmable-046677424893/prd/en/?t=specifications

This is for an 800 lumen, A19 LED lamp, yet Philips tells us it has a
width of 10.28 inches and a height of 7.4 inches. They also claim the
life is 18.3 years at 2.7 hours a day or 2000 hours. Yes, 2000. First
of all, the US spec is years a 3 hours per day, not 2.7, and 18.3
years at 3 hours per day is 20,000 hours. Perhaps the 2000 was a
simple typo, but where did the 2.7 hours per day come from?

There is no easy way to contact Philips about this, and other pages
have similar errors. This makes the web site useless. What has
happened to mighty Philips?
--
Vic Roberts
http://www.RobertsResearchInc.com

This information is provided for educational purposes only.
It may not be used in any publication or posted on any Web
site without written permission.
Jeff Waymouth
2013-08-16 12:22:31 UTC
Yikes. When I tried to drill through the professional side of the web
page I did get to an actual Product information bulletin for this lap
(it took time!) which was more accurate, however the dimension drawing
on the front and back pages showed the diameter as 31.6 (!???)

Here's the link:

http://download.p4c.philips.com/l4b/9/929000226804_na/929000226804_na_pss_aenus.pdf

Jeff Waymouth
happened to mighty Philips?
Victor Roberts
2013-08-16 17:15:11 UTC
Jeff,

Thanks, but this product sheet is for a lamp that looks like their
L-Prize lamp. The other one is real A-line. What has happened to
Philips!