Trying to convert a spectra into CRI
Steve
2012-08-27 01:03:29 UTC
I posted this to sci.color, but got no real response. Perhaps someone here
could help me.

I am trying to figure out the algorithm to compute the color rendering index
from a spectrum (spaced 5nm intervals). I have the CIE 13.3-1995 publication,
but it is not clear what one is to do. I can compute X,Y,Z from the spectrum,
along with the X,Y,Z from the test samples (using Table 1 and Table 2 in the
publication), but I don't understand the notation that is used in Equations 5-3
through 5-6.

The publication comes with a CD with the CRI calculation program CIE13_3D.EXE.
If anyone knows where I could obtain the source code to the program, it would
answer most of my questions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Douglas G. Cummins
2012-08-27 18:05:16 UTC
CIE 13.3 is pretty straightforward but admittedly confusing when you're
just getting started. If you PM me (remove MAPSON from email) I can
send you an Excel file which performs the CRI calculations - not the
same as code, but you should easily figure out what is occurring.
--
Douglas Cummins
Calcoast - ITL