EU authorities ban dozens of LED products over safety issues
Andrew Gabriel
2013-08-21 09:50:07 UTC
http://luxmagazine.co.uk/news/86/eu-authorities-ban-dozens-of-led-products
--
Andrew Gabriel
The Natural Philosopher
2013-08-21 10:04:36 UTC
Post by Andrew Gabriel
http://luxmagazine.co.uk/news/86/eu-authorities-ban-dozens-of-led-products
how convenient that only two items were made in Germany.....

It is of course rampant protectionism. 'Elfin Safety' is used as an anti
competitive tool routinely in Europe.
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Phil L
2013-08-21 12:41:39 UTC
Post by Andrew Gabriel
http://luxmagazine.co.uk/news/86/eu-authorities-ban-dozens-of-led-products
A list would be nice - I bought a LED head torch from China via Ebay last
year, one of the super bright cree versions...not had any trouble with it
yet
Dave Liquorice
2013-08-21 17:32:00 UTC
Post by Andrew Gabriel
http://luxmagazine.co.uk/news/86/eu-authorities-ban-dozens-of-led-
products
A list would be nice ..
That thought went through my mind as well but it looks like the
affected products are only in specific countries rather than EU wide
(though I find that surprising). It also depends on how far down the
chain they got, if they never made it to sale then there is little
point in a list for "consumers"
--
Cheers
Dave.
Joerg Niggemeyer
2013-08-21 15:54:16 UTC
Post by Andrew Gabriel
http://luxmagazine.co.uk/news/86/eu-authorities-ban-dozens-of-led-products
Thank you for this link !

If there is no real quality control and the cheapest price is just the
main issue it's no wonder.....

I have developed based on microcontroler a PWM method which uses the
LED itself as the temp sensor for protection and safety.
Because I don't know yet if for this method there is maybe a market
I appreciate that link very much :-)

Regards

Joerg