led chip reflector and led filament
Artis Sideley
2016-11-04 16:22:47 UTC
I have equipped my 120° 1W chip led with somewhere near 50° secondary individual lenses and noticed that a fair quantity of light leaks through the side of those basically cylindrical lenses. Are reflectors better for this job ? how to select the right one ?

I read a test report made in 2014, endorsed by the swedish and belgian agencies of energy, comparing a dozen of warm white led lightbulbs shopped in the UK and sweden that showed that filament leds solutions are at least 30% more efficient that SMD led chips solutions. I am quite surprised because i thought that the most efficient leds are packaged in the chip format and the led filament is a technology/packaging patented by a taiwanese manufacturer and intended to replicate incandescent light bulb in decorative lighting.
Artis Sideley
2016-11-18 23:02:42 UTC
hello !!!
a***@general-cathexis.com
2017-03-25 14:20:35 UTC
Post by Artis Sideley
I have equipped my 120° 1W chip led with somewhere near 50° secondary individual lenses and noticed that a fair quantity of light leaks through the side of those basically cylindrical lenses. Are reflectors better for this job ? how to select the right one ?
If you are talking about non-aluminized plastic reflectors, they also leak light out of the sides but you can get black holders.
If the side light annoys you, you can put an opaque reflector around the lens.

So, you didn't take my advise to use 3w LEDs with 1w drivers?